Exercise. Prove or disprove. If it is not true, find a counterexample.
- and , then .
- If is differentiable at , or are differentaible at .
- If and are infinitely differentiable on and on , then or .
- If is differentiable at and is differentiable at , then is differentiable at .
- If is differentiable at , then is continuous at
- Let . If for all , then is monotone increasing on .
- If a function satisfies for all , then is constant on .
- If is differentiable on and monotone increasing, then is monotone on .
- If is bounded and is differentiable on and uniformly continuous on , then is bounded on .
- If is differentiable on and , then .
- If is differentiable on , then there exists such that
- If and are continuous on and differentiable on and , then
- Suppose that , and is bounded near . Then is local maximum.
Solution. (13)번만 제외하고 모두 거짓입니다. (13)만 제외하고 반례를 적어두겠습니다. 학생분들은 반례가 왜 명제에 어긋나는지 정확하게 기술해야 합니다.
(4) , .
(5) if .
(7) . Define by if and if .
(9) , .
(11) Define by
(12) Define , .
(13) Assume is bounded on for some , say for all . For , by Taylor theorem, we have for some between and .
Choose so small that . This is possible since . So there is with such that for all .
Similarly, for the case , there is with such that for all . Choose . Then for , we have . This shows is a local maximum.